Monday, August 21, 2017

UK: Man shouts death threat at Jewish passenger in “shocking” antisemitic attack on Tube train


Via TheJC:
Police are treating as a hate crime an incident in which a man threatened to kill a Jewish passenger during a “shocking” antisemitic tirade on a London Tube train.
The passenger, who did not wish to be named, said he feared for his life when the man shouted at him: “I am the next Hitler and I am going to kill you," gesturing with his hand to simulate a gun, and making a “bang” sound to indicate a bullet being fired.

The incident happened as the passenger, a solicitor who works in the City of London, was travelling home to Golders Green on the Northern Line

He told the JC that the man had got on the train at Old Street station and sat down opposite him.

The passenger said:  “The moment he sat down he stretched his legs out to me and started nudging me.

“He then removed his legs and starting swearing at me extremely loudly.

“After about a minute of non-stop abuse he got up and went towards the doors and came back to show me a picture on his phone which said something about ‘Jews killing babies.’”

The passenger, who was wearing a kippah, said: “It was clear to me and everybody in the carriage that he was targeting me because I am a Jew.

“I was extremely shocked at being spoken to like that and when he approached me with his phone I was extremely scared and expecting him to punch me at any moment.”

read more

No comments :

Post a Comment