Wednesday, August 2, 2017

UK: It's not just extremists who believe the anti-Semitic trope that Jews are good with money


The trope in this question is not that Jews are good with money, but that all Jews are rich.


Via Telegraph:
I remember it happening quite vividly. I was in a lecture theatre at university, waiting for a lesson to start, when I got into a conversation with an acquaintance of mine. The conversation turned towards finances, specifically student loans and tuition fees. The young man sitting next to me spoke about how he was looking forward to the latest instalment of his loan entering his bank account.

And then he ended his musings on the subject with the following line:

“Still, it’s not a problem for your lot, is it? You’ve all got tons of money.”

I was initially confused, trying to work out what he meant, before his full meaning slammed home. It was at this point, however, that the professor appeared to begin the lesson.
read more


No comments :

Post a Comment